View any student's work anytime and comment on it anytime by creating an assignment in Google Classroom following these steps:
- Make sure the document is a 'Google Doc' NOT a 'Word Document'
- Create an assignment and add the Google Doc to it and make sure to select the setting 'Make a copy for each student'
- Click on the 'Not done' option on the assignments to view individual assignments anytime.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- It only works with Google Docs; you can attach Word Docs but it will not allow you to view any students work anytime
- You CAN view and comment on work when it is showing up as 'not done'; this only means they have not yet clicked 'turn in'
- 'Adding' a file to an assignment and 'turning in' a file a different things. As soon as an assignment is started or added you can view and comment on the work if it is a Google Doc
- Students CANNOT view comments on work or edit it if they turn it in so if you just want to view and comment simply get them to add a file without clicking 'turn in'
Lastly, if you have an existing resource as a Word Doc that you want to use as a Google Doc simply add it to drive (dragging and dropping a Word file in works), then right click and select
'Open with' --> 'Google Docs'